Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Post Scriptum  (Read 836 times)

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commodore
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Henry Evans
Post Scriptum
« on: August 19, 2018, 10:52:43 pm »

Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland. This massive Allied assault consisted of a coordination of the British and American Airborne to capture key bridges while the British XXXth Corps moved to reinforce them through Highway 69. However, consecutive delays in consolidating ground from the north of Belgium through Nijmegen forced the 1st British Airborne Division in Arnhem to make a stand much longer than anticipated. With no successful link between the XXXth Corps and the Airborne in sight, the seventh and final bridge in Arnhem was considered lost.

‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the lower Rhine.

Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

There is no forum, you can get in contact with other units by using this discord.
Saturday Custom 1 life Event series by Post Scriptum: Campaign - Contact a coordinator on this discord: https://discord.gg/kCMj6ma

The 4th has expanded itself into the wider community known as Forlorn Hope for the purposes of integrating other games like Post Scriptum. You can find details on www.forlornhope.net
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:53:51 am by Saga »

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Warum bin ich ein anime mädchen?
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
Re: Post Scriptum
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 11:43:13 am »
I'd get it if it wasn't as optimised as something that is poorly optimised.

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 04:30:30 pm »
Again a game in the World Wars. Getting freakin boring and over-used.

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Maj Edwin Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 03:35:28 pm »
When you think about it, there are not that many good / enjoyable WW2 video games. I wouldn't say it is over-used :P I am certainly up for a WW2 game of some sort that is FPS. there aren't really many good ones around these days

Full-Time Senior Estate Agent.

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 07:00:36 am »
When you think about it, there are not that many good / enjoyable WW2 video games. I wouldn't say it is over-used :P I am certainly up for a WW2 game of some sort that is FPS. there aren't really many good ones around these days

I would say Heroes and Generals, but then I would make myself laugh with P2W.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Maj Edwin Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

I would say Heroes and Generals, but then I would make myself laugh with P2W.
My point stands

Full-Time Senior Estate Agent.

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 09:28:15 am »
The World War 1 and 2 is an overused subject in military movies and games. Yeah some are bad, but there still are thousands of games of it. There are also a lot bad current day military games. World War 3 for example took the right way in what BF5 didnt.

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commodore
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 08:04:10 am »
There are currently no games in the same niche as Squad / PS, its smaller scale than Arma. Both are 2 infantry platoons+ support attacking each other, with a heavy built in emphasis on teamwork.
The games encourage team play through the section / squad system and enable leaders to manage their teammates, ex. kick the ones with no mics, those who lone wolf or those who think marksman is useful etc.

Post Scriptum suffered from all the Battlefield 5 refugees who were looking for something to replace that. They got a rude awakening as they played since their play styles were so poor compared to people coming from Squad / Project Reality / Tarkov / Insurgency.
Its really only starting to come together on the public servers in terms of good leaders.

We started our own custom gamemode between units if anyone wants to come over, its 1 life scenario based.
PM me for details: https://discord.gg/kCMj6ma

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:41:06 am by Saga »

Offline Eternal

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 02:22:57 pm »
I really hope they will work on optimizing the game. On many on above average computers it runs quite badly. Overall there are moments where it resembles Foxhole but in first person.

The company is great with a lots of history regarding realism. Project Reality is still around. I trust them a lot.

Offline Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commodore
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:01:04 am »
Better melee than Holdfast  ;)

Offline Chainsor

• Community Liaison (GR)