Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: No Sound  (Read 1272 times)

Offline theElfe

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
No Sound
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:01:02 pm »
Hello!

I've played Holdfast a while now, but suddenly there was no more sound in the game. I have checked the sound options and everything is set to Maximum, and it is also set to Stereo, which did not help to change to anything else. Every other steam game has no problem With sound except Holdfast. No Music, no effects, ambience, anything.. Also tried using headset without any luck. All other games work with sound. Also tried checking the sound options on my computer itself but of course there are no problems here as it only happens in the game. No sound in the menu even. Not sure if this happened after the update, but could be likely. Also tried reinstalling the game without any luck.

Anyone know the problem? or having the same issue? Know a way to fix it easily? Help

Född att härska leda mina män i strid.
Ingen man kan mig befalla jag lyder under Gud.
Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Offline Jack

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
  • Jack Glenn
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: No Sound
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:15:44 pm »
Have you tried these two recommended solutions?

Know Issue 8 - No Game Audio
If you cannot hear any audio, you can try doing the following.

- Follow the below instructions:

1) Go to Settings > Audio > Then select your 'Audio Device' from the Drop Down menu.

2) You can also try re-installing your Realtek audio drivers. This may fix your issue even if audio is working on other games.

Known Issue 2 - Razer Kraken Headsets Not Working
Razer Kraken headsets have a tendency of not working whilst in game. Players reported either not being able to hear any sound or various other issues with 3D VoIP.

Have a look at the instructions below for a possible fix.

1) Check if you have Razer Synapse installed on your system and if so, un-install the software.

2) Try launching the game again.

- If the above doesn't work, try the following:

1) Download and install Razer Synapse from the link below.
    * Download Razer Synapse

2) Uninstall Razer Synapse.

3) Try launching the game again.

Offline theElfe

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:48:25 pm »
Have you tried these two recommended solutions?

Know Issue 8 - No Game Audio
If you cannot hear any audio, you can try doing the following.

1) Go to Settings > Audio > Then select your 'Audio Device' from the Drop Down menu.

2) You can also try re-installing your Realtek audio drivers. This may fix your issue even if audio is working on other games.

Known Issue 2 - Razer Kraken Headsets Not Working
Razer Kraken headsets have a tendency of not working whilst in game. Players reported either not being able to hear any sound or various other issues with 3D VoIP.

Have a look at the instructions below for a possible fix.

1) Check if you have Razer Synapse installed on your system and if so, un-install the software.

2) Try launching the game again.

- If the above doesn't work, try the following:

1) Download and install Razer Synapse from the link below.
    * Download Razer Synapse

2) Uninstall Razer Synapse.

3) Try launching the game again.

I tried Your suggestions here. But once again without any Luck. It seems only to happen in this specific game, and no other. Tried even reinstalling the game again. Not sure what is the problem, and so strange that it only happens in this game, except from that I can play other games With sound, watch Movies, bowse around youtube, listen to Music With no problem.. So strange

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Offline Jack

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
  • Jack Glenn
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »
If I may suggest a couple more other things if you haven't tried them. Check your volume mixer by right clicking your volume icon in your task bar to see if Holdfast isn't muted (Just in case) another, see if using a different headset/speakers (If you have any) might produce in-game sound for you.

Offline theElfe

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 12:54:13 pm »
If I may suggest a couple more other things if you haven't tried them. Check your volume mixer by right clicking your volume icon in your task bar to see if Holdfast isn't muted (Just in case) another, see if using a different headset/speakers (If you have any) might produce in-game sound for you.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately once again no luck.. :( Its really really weird.. Everything else works except this game.. So sad really.. I'm so lost haha

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 10:15:07 pm »
Try to re-install the game.

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • 44th Maj Edwin Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 03:50:51 pm »
try turning your sound on

Full-Time Senior Estate Agent.

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • NANWL Moderator. NAHFGL Head. Join the 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_SgtMaj_Star
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 04:16:41 pm »
try turning your sound on
Lol.

In all seriousness though if it is only this game, maybe you changed your settings earlier for whatever reason and still have them set to mute audio? Maybe voip, bullets, or something else was too loud and turned down at an earlier date? Updating drivers might be a fix?
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at join63e.com
Or join our Discord | https://discord.gg/sZbtEA6

We have over 6 years (Yes, 6 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline EdUb3

• Landsman
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:13 am »
I am having the same issues and also have Realtek audio drivers (Asus Motherboard)... I have seen a few other forum posts online with other people (also with Realtek audio drivers) having no sound after a update.

Seems like the issue is with Realtek users, I hope this helps to narrow down a fix as I would like to be able to play this game again.  :-\