Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Incompetent Admins and Admin abuse  (Read 1290 times)

Offline John Cuttler

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Banned
  • Getty is an ugly fat cow of a slut
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Daddy
Incompetent Admins and Admin abuse
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:04:49 am »
Recently more and more people that are members of regiments have been given admin rights
by the Head Admin Getty. These new admins have proven to act out of their personal preferences
toward certain people or regiments.

They mute, kick or even ban people from the official servers for illegitimate reasons.
People are getting punished for stating their opinion, making silly jokes, proposing that
Admins are abusing their power or simply criticising other’s actions in general.
These new admins banned me for standing up to admin abuse once already but a person
with the name „Hitler“ „Rommel“ or even „Gas the jews“ gets away with it without an
issue whatsoever. A person saying „N*gger“ gets banned right away but another playing
highly homophobic or actually racist music ingame is simply being ignored. Admins from
the KRA also banned my recruitment officer for over 25 days and stated that they had
him mixed up with someone else and had planned on leaving him banned forever when I
asked the Head Admin about it. They therefore blockaded our regimental recruitment for
25 days and hindered our developement. I bring this personal issue in to make it clear that
these new admins don't only abuse their powers to punish regular players but they in
addition actively hinder regiments they dislike.

I posted this because I want to know if anyone shares my opinion and I would be very greatful if you
took part in the vote above. With enough votes I believe we could force a significant change in this
community and it’s administration. If you think you might have a solution for this problem feel free to
put it in the replies to this post as I would love to hear them and maybe even come across an achievable
solution posted by one of you.

Yours sincerely,
John Cuttler

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:35:40 am by John Cuttler »

Offline Hatch

• Able Seaman
  • Freedom For my Land
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Incompetent Admins and Admin abuse
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:16:23 am »
I feel all admins Should not Be in regiments I feel it sways the hard facts against people they dislike. and Lets others get away with Literally anything I feel as an owner of this game there is a great problem with admins. and It puts me off this game. there should be no admins and more Filters to help with the Cause of Offensive manners. or have Legitimate Devs of this game to deal in admin Work them selfs.

I love this game I only want the best for this game that's why I bought it I don't want it to Die.
Please take our Thoughts into reason Don't Hide this don't let this be skipped over.
Fix the game
fix the Admins
have more Filters

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:23:51 am by Hatch »
Have you taken JOY

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
  • #1 Melee NA
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Austro
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:27:42 am »
But have you like...

tried to talk to Getty about your concerns?
Risk's 3v3 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
Goober's 1v1 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
#1 Melee Arena Grenadier, Officer, Light Infantry, Guard as of Sept 19th 2019

Offline John Cuttler

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:36:51 am »

Read it properly and you'll find out. I suppose no Admin did anything about it?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:44:50 am by John Cuttler »

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
  • #1 Melee NA
  • Nick: Austro
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 02:42:54 am »
"when I
asked the Head Admin about it. They therefore blockaded our regimental recruitment for
25 days and hindered our developement."

Wow, that's a serious allegation. Did you bring evidence forward to Refleax?
Risk's 3v3 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
Goober's 1v1 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
#1 Melee Arena Grenadier, Officer, Light Infantry, Guard as of Sept 19th 2019

Offline John Cuttler

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:43:57 am »

He told me he doesn't want to be bothered with these things

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:48:35 am »
I'm going to respond to these blatantly false allegations with at least this post, possibly more if warranted.

Recently more and more people that are members of regiments have been given admin rights
by the Head Admin Getty.

Yes, regimental people are more likely to receive administration roles. This is because there is a built in accountability system for anyone in a regiment, they can’t disappear into the night quite as easily as an unaffiliated player can, additionally from what I have seen there have been no quality applications for admin from unaffiliated players (nor are we really aware of any that may fit) this is primarily because of a lack of contact with those players, thus making adding them to administration roles impossible. The people who have been added are from a variety of regiments, not all of whom I know personally. I should add that at this time there are currently zero applications from anyone not in a regiment on the forums.

These new admins have proven to act out of their personal preferences toward certain people or regiment.

Where has this occurred? Why have you not brought any evidence forward? This is a platitude that means nothing, it is a libelous accusation as far as I am concerned, one made onto valued community members who spend their free time volunteering to administer the official servers with no actual benefits.

They mute, kick or even ban people from the official servers for illegitimate reasons.

Just because you do not feel these actions are warranted doesn’t mean they are illegitimate reasons. Unless you believe saying any of these things is an acceptable way to conduct yourself on the server:

Raw Images
[close]
Which directly violates Rule #1 and Rule #3 of the ruleset.

You can view the actual rules here: Holdfast: Nations at War - Official Server Ruleset
  • Do not direct foul language at other players; this includes but is not limited to profanity, racial or ethnic slurs and sexist comments. Similarly do not engage in arguments with fellow players; conduct yourself decently or you will be removed. You may also be asked to change your name in the pursuit of this rule at the discretion of the admin.
  • Do not harass or argue with admins; Admins have the final decision on the server. In the event that you are unhappy with an admins behaviour or ruling on a matter, please take a record and appeal to a member of the official admin on the forums.

These new admins banned me for standing up to admin abuse once already

You were banned after multiple warnings not to engage in personal attacks with players on the server, your repeated attacks both on this forum post unban request image here, and in game are evidence to this, combined with your compatriot “Hatch” see above screenshots for some of the evidence we have regarding this.

but a person  with the name "Hitler“ "Rommel“ or even "Gas the jews“ gets away with it without an
issue whatsoever.

This is blatantly untrue, there may be people in the server with those names from time to time, but they are immediately required to change them upon an administrator noticing them or receiving a report.

A person saying "N*gger“ gets banned right away but another playing highly homophobic or actually racist music ingame is simply being ignored.

Again, unless you believe administrators are omniscient beings, that can somehow monitor all voice chat on an up to 150 player server this is a ridiculous complaint. The fact that you are speculating that it is being “ignored” instead of looking at the most simple explanation for this shows the true intent behind this post.

KRA also banned my recruitment officer for over 25 days and stated that they had
him mixed up with someone else and had planned on leaving him banned forever when I asked the Head Admin about it.

That was a simple mixup, one that in the screenshots you posted (which were again blatantly against the rules) one that was rectified in 7 minutes. Reading the posts from Hatch both in game and on the forums lead me to now believe that 25 days was not enough, and that neither of you have learned your lesson. The fact that you were banned by a KRA administrator does not mean it was an error, and the fact that you were hindered with your recruitment efforts is not the fault of administrators. This was due to your members inability to follow the basic server rules, or even act with a modicum of respect towards other players. See above screenshots, again.

The rules of the official server are not up for a debate or a vote, if you have an issue with them (as I have mentioned previously to you, multiple times both in game and on the forums) you are free to contact myself or Refleax on steam
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:08:22 am by Getty »

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:10 am »

He told me he doesn't want to be bothered with these things
I don't believe for a single second that Refleax said anything of the sort to you, and I will be confirming that when he wakes up.

Offline Pierre

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Level Designer
    • Discord
  • Nick: RMFR Colonel
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 08:44:30 am »
I'm not sure making a post on the forums like this is the best way to get this resolved.
If you believe there are any issues with the administration of the official game servers there are various ways in which you can report this, private messaging Getty (the head admin) being the obvious one, or even messaging one of the moderators / server admins found in the discord to bring this issue attention.

Good server administrators are hard to come by, if they're in regiments or not doesn't matter as abuse can happen from anyone. People in regiments however tend to be a little bit more experienced with administration as a lot of what running a regiment or being in a regiment as an NCO consists of is administrative tasks.

In regards to you feeling that racist and or homophobic music is being ignored we have a channel dedicated to reporting such things which will almost always guarantee this issue being resolved in some form.

Also your thread consists of a lot of words without any evidence to back it up, if you do have screenshots / videos to prove that these issues are taking place that'd help out our administration team a lot to help resolve this issue!

I'm glad you're bringing what you believe to be an issue to attention but I'm not glad about the way you've done this, a simple PM to Getty and all of this could of been solved within minutes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:46:04 am by Pierre »

Offline BasicEagle

• Server Administrator
  • Able Seaman
  • Hello There™
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Basic Eagle
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 09:23:03 am »
Typical Life of an Admin:
Scenario One
Log On, Check Reports on Discord, Check DMs, Log on to Holdfast servers, Run around like everyone else, notice a player breaking a rule, issue player warning, player stops.
Scenario Two
Player doesn't stop, Admin warns player they will be kicked/banned (depending on offense), player kicked/banned.
Scenario Three
Report posted in Discord, Admin notices and heads to server, Player reported is either warned or banned dependent on offense.
These new admins have proven to act out of their personal preferences
toward certain people or regiments.
Even after my own personal history with another Regiment I do NOT treat them worse, or anyone else better. Simple
but a person
with the name „Hitler“ „Rommel“ or even „Gas the jews“ gets away with it without an
issue whatsoever. A person saying „N*gger“ gets banned right away but another playing
highly homophobic or actually racist music ingame is simply being ignored.
I hope you do realize that each server even the popular ones might not have an admin on 24/7. Our position as admins is completely volunteer and we are humans too that have our own lives to attend to; not just Holdfast.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 11:20:07 am »
All actions by server administrators are logged. We know by whom, against whom and when an action was taken. We’ve invested time into developing such a system specifically because we want to be able to act against any sort of admin abuse.

If someone was unjustly reprimanded we would know.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Getty

• Board Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 11:33:44 am »
As I have now conferred with Refleax, I have determined that you were indeed lying about him telling you he was not the person to complain to. Combined with your other actions, both in server, on the discord, and on this forum we will be administering a 2 week ban to both of you on all three of these mediums. Anyone who still has questions/concerns about anything that occurred here can contact me via steam. Locking thread.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:40:17 am by Getty »