Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Public linbattle events not really that friendly to the public...  (Read 1308 times)

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: Neutral
Ok, so I joined the linebattle event expecting organised play, and it was, problem is, its organised, just not for the public. These clan captains, dont give orders in public but on discord, so if this event is to have public linbattles, please open up for the public..... >:(

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
  • Played Holdfast for a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • 1st King's Royal Army
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: Public linbattle events not really that friendly to the public...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 11:08:35 pm »
I know factually that the KRA and RRCG always have line leaders with microphones, and I believe both those groups attend all 3 public linebattles. :P

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:25:20 pm »
I know factually that the KRA and RRCG always have line leaders with microphones, and I believe both those groups attend all 3 public linebattles. :P

KRA was the worst of them, admin told them to speak on public but it didnt happen. What happend was that admin slaugtered me for complaining, fucking great:(. After 30 minutes I managed to find a commander leading a group of 5 people, now thats a huge line, awsome, not. And when i finnaly got into it after 30 minutes there was 1 round left to play before the "fun round" wich wasnt exactly what I was there for..

Now this is something I always wanted this game to have, public linebattles, where I as a casual player can join without being member of a clan, doing training and all that BS, just wish it was more inclusive.

And that KRA can go f.... themselfes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:31:52 pm by kaboki »

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
    • 1st King's Royal Army
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »

KRA was the worst of them, admin told them to speak on public but it didnt happen. What happend was that admin slaugtered me for complaining, fucking great:(. After 30 minutes I managed to find a commander leading a group of 5 people, now thats a huge line, awsome, not. And when i finnaly got into it after 30 minutes there was 1 round left to play before the "fun round" wich wasnt exactly what I was there for..

Now this is something I always wanted this game to have, public linebattles, where I as a casual player can join without being member of a clan, doing training and all that BS, just wish it was more inclusive.

lol. I was at the RRCG's Public Linebattle and I always lead through VOIP mate - I happen to own the KRA too, so I'm not sure which linebattle you attended. :P

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »

lol. I was at the RRCG's Public Linebattle and I always lead through VOIP mate - I happen to own the KRA too, so I'm not sure which linebattle you attended. :P

THE ONE ON EU8 YESTERDAY 9 OCLOCK, ALL THE HUGE FORMATIONS WAS LEAD BY MUTE COMMANDERS(IN DISCORD). i ONLY SAW ONE COMMADER WITH A RED SYMBOL OVER HIM WHEN HE SPOKE, AND THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE, BUT HE WAS SPEAKING FRENCH..... ALL COMMANDERS LEADING SHOULD SPEAK IN PUBLIC, OR ELSE WHAT EVEN THE POINT OF HAVING PUBLIC LINE BATTLES?

Why not just crawl back too your regs hiding spots again, because this felt exactly like a closed group of people not minding public players at all...

BTW, why's harcore mode only used in these events?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:32:56 pm by kaboki »

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
    • 1st King's Royal Army
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 10:46:53 pm »

THE ONE ON EU8 YESTERDAY 9 OCLOCK, ALL THE HUGE FORMATIONS WAS LEAD BY MUTE COMMANDERS(IN DISCORD). i ONLY SAW ONE COMMADER WITH A RED SYMBOL OVER HIM WHEN HE SPOKE, AND THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE, BUT HE WAS SPEAKING FRENCH..... ALL COMMANDERS LEADING SHOULD SPEAK IN PUBLIC, OR ELSE WHAT EVEN THE POINT OF HAVING PUBLIC LINE BATTLES?

Why not just crawl back too your regs hiding spots again, because this felt exactly like a closed group of people not minding public players at all...

It's like you aren't reading what I am saying sir. I always lead through VOIP, and I don't speak French.

They're in Hardcore mode because linebattles would end way too quickly if the horizontal deviation was as it is in the official servers.

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:36 am »

It's like you aren't reading what I am saying sir. I always lead through VOIP, and I don't speak French.

They're in Hardcore mode because linebattles would end way too quickly if the horizontal deviation was as it is in the official servers.

okok, sorry, I joined today, everything was much better, all good. Wish there was events like this everyday. Harcore mode, I just wish it was the only mode trough all servers, feels more realistic..

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Lieutenant
    • 1st King's Royal Army
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 12:12:51 am »

okok, sorry, I joined today, everything was much better, all good. Wish there was events like this everyday. Harcore mode, I just wish it was the only mode trough all servers, feels more realistic..

You seem to want linebattle and realistic gameplay - but don't want to join a Regiment.

If you want that type of gameplay daily, you should join one. lol

Regimentally locked battles are much better.

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 06:41:26 pm »

You seem to want linebattle and realistic gameplay - but don't want to join a Regiment.

If you want that type of gameplay daily, you should join one. lol

Regimentally locked battles are much better.

I know offcourse they are much better, but these public events suits a casual like me much better. I tried to join different regs, unfortunantly they cant accept the fact that I have not time to be around all the time, sometimes it can be a few months beetwen me being active, so they all kicked me... Kudos to all you guys that host these public events, much appriciated, but I wish you guys could try and arrange these events more often, heck why not host your usual hidden battles in public, just have an admin kicking all the idiots...

Just saying, I know plenty people that want the same as me, just not intrested in trainings every week and the obligations that come with being in a reg, we just want too join a line once in a while without getting fucked by trolls... Fuck, I would even pay subscritption having an admin 24/7 public enforcing rules.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:43:19 pm by kaboki »

Offline Darkslayer

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: Darkslayer
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 02:35:34 pm »
having an admin 24/7 public enforcing rules.

Just want to comment on that remark. The admin team has been increasing in size which means a lot more admins on the public servers.

heck why not host your usual hidden battles in public, just have an admin kicking all the idiots...

We keep these "hidden battles" because regiments attend them. These are a bunch of people who want to experience an actual Napoleonic battlefield. Regiments do understand that not everyone can attend them for periods of time. So even if you do join a regiment and you have to go away for a couple of months, the regiment would understand, and shouldn't remove you. Many regiments I know are like that, people do understand that everyone has a life, and can't always attend events or trainings.

Offline MarcusTheDerp

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Napoleon
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 08:06:34 am »

Just want to comment on that remark. The admin team has been increasing in size which means a lot more admins on the public servers.

heck why not host your usual hidden battles in public, just have an admin kicking all the idiots...

We keep these "hidden battles" because regiments attend them. These are a bunch of people who want to experience an actual Napoleonic battlefield. Regiments do understand that not everyone can attend them for periods of time. So even if you do join a regiment and you have to go away for a couple of months, the regiment would understand, and shouldn't remove you. Many regiments I know are like that, people do understand that everyone has a life, and can't always attend events or trainings.

Uh huh, thats a lie. I got banned from TRRB because of "Lack Of Communication" and they don't understand that I actually have a life and other things to do instead of being dedicated to one game all the time.

Offline Jack MeHoff

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 01:01:19 am »

Uh huh, thats a lie. I got banned from TRRB because of "Lack Of Communication" and they don't understand that I actually have a life and other things to do instead of being dedicated to one game all the time.
Sounds like that's a problem with the regiment you joined, not every regiment. There's plenty of casual regiments that understand real life comes first and doesn't ban members for not showing up to events.

just because my baguette is small doesn't mean it can't get the job done

Offline Edmonster

• Master's Mate
  • Colonel of the 77th
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 03:50:09 am »

I mean, I'm pretty sure the TRRB aren't like that.  I also talked to McCormack - the leader of the TRRB, about you, and I heard you got kicked because you were trolling and talking over orders.  No regiment in their right mind would kick someone if that person told the regiment that they wouldn't be very active.  I know that we have kept people on for over a year even though they didn't come to events and eventually they showed up again and played for however long they could then left for however long they needed to.

edit: Also, realized this was in June, but I am really bored and have nothing else to do tonight - lol.

Interested in joining the 77th for Post Scriptum or Holdfast?  Add me on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198267889914/