Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Would you like to see Commander Battles implemented into the game, some time down the track?

Yes
No
Yes, But as DLC

Voting closes: December 15, 2019, 10:08:06 am

Author Topic: Commander Battles Gamemode?  (Read 477 times)

Offline ItsGary

• Landsman
  • Faction: British Empire
Commander Battles Gamemode?
« on: December 15, 2018, 05:19:18 am »
I was thinking the other day, whats some of my favorite game modes from Mount and Blade: Warband, Commander Battles, Commander Battles in Mount and Blade: Warband is a gamemode that really only requires at least 2 players. The whole emphasis is that at the start of the round you can choose type of infantry, Artillery or Cavalry shown in this picture: https://imgur.com/a/2veNclm from there you spawn in with 20 AI that you can order around shown in the following images: https://imgur.com/ffC3BIM https://imgur.com/W6rgKTa and have a huge linebattle with another person or people. These are just mere snippets of what commands you can give. I think this would be a wonderful gamemode to have in such a promising game like Holdfast.

Positives:
-New Gamemode
-Only requires around 2 players
-Gets more people online and perhaps after their Commander battle think oh might jump into some multiplayer instead of seeing 60 players in a server and thinking oh maybe later when more people are on.
-Brings in AI which can be used in many other forms of the game.
-Gives the opportunity to create a new type of event, the Commander event where teams of 6 or more gather on a field and battle it out working together as Cavalry, Skirmishers, Sharpshooters, Artillery and regular line infantry to create epic line battles.
-There are many other positives this could bring that I haven't thought of yet!

Negatives:
-This however, does require the development team to develop AI, which I'm not even sure is capable with the skill sets of the developers or not.

To conclude I believe that this would be a massive step in the game and also bring newer players, and older ones to the game. Creating many wondrous moments and a lot of fun for all. This is my first forum post and even though I am resonably knew to the game I would still like to give my opinions and better game! Please leave your ideas about this in the comments and I will try get back to you!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:05:54 am by ItsGary »

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Commander Battles Gamemode?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:25:54 pm »
I like the idea of a commander battle. But it will probably be a fairly long time before it's released...

Offline ItsGary

• Landsman
Re: Commander Battles Gamemode?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:11:37 am »
I agree, due to nature of it including AI I don't expect Anvil Studios to whip it up in a couple of weeks. Do hope to see it down the track though!