Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: The state of the game - where to next?  (Read 456 times)

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
The state of the game - where to next?
« on: May 11, 2019, 02:46:05 am »
I was a HUGE fan of Holdfast, the gameplay looked exciting, the graphics looked good, the revival of Mount and Blade NW theme was amazing but then...the initial EA release was pretty poor. The melee was f***ed, the servers were f***ed etc etc. The game is in EARLY ACCESS. It's suppose to be like that, that's fine. Here's the issue:

Spawn. Slowly run 18km to the nearest control point or battle and get shot in the face immediately upon arrival to the scene. Rinse. Repeat.
That is the life of a public player, someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Why would someone go out of their way to join a clan when they can't even enjoy the base game?
Do you know another game that was like this? Verdun. The max players it has now is about 300, the community's abandoned it.
Solution: Allow re spawning on Officers or the flag, something like Squad. Plant the flag in the ground 15m away from combat to allow for respawn. Something to fix this.

Imo the melee needs to be reworked from the ground up. It's still slow and clunky.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a roadmap. Which by the way, is hard as shit to find. AGS needs something like this: https://rust.facepunch.com/roadmap/

But are the devs going to promote the game? What are the next steps? How are you going to revive it and draw more players?
Saying that 'we're going to update it and bring players to the game' that's a great idea but no one is going to know without proper marketing. The game needs hype when it starts pushing some big updates making it more attractive and playable. Right now it's quite boring. I'm sure the devs have something in mind, but an action plan or just informing the community of what steps the devs are going to take to put life back in the game is needed.

This game especially out of all games relies on large numbers of players to be in regiments, to fight on servers etc. It needs more players but you won't get any without better content, better gameplay and marketing hype.

What's the next step AGS?

Online Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commodore
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Henry Evans
Re: The state of the game - where to next?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:02:17 am »
Its probably too late to hope for large player numbers, Bannerlord NW mod is my next bet.

Offline Keverclin159

• Purser
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:43 am »
I mean the lack of cavalry, generals (like in M&B NW), and sappers along with the fact that it has only 3 factions just shows that game is pretty unfinished right now.  I mean, M&B NW began its beginnings as mod and now it's pretty successful only because feels and looks finished.  Holdfast has such as long way to go before it's gonna look and feel good.

Offline Irregular Alcoholic

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:54:44 pm »
honestly im love napoleonic setting but now holdfast=crap from some island
reasons: you indie developers team and you made game about shooting melee and cavalery - ok... but in your game shooting looks weird ... in your game melee looks more weird then shooting... cavalery not exist in your game... ok ok... and waht you add in next ? WHAT YOU ADD NEXT?????
WAHT YOU ADD NEXT???
answer: im as indie developer add ROCKETS then in next update im add KING SIZE SHIP AND KING SIZE RATS [king size ship need king sixe rats]

RATS!!!! THEY ADD RATS!!!!!!!!!!!! they have birds and now they add RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it game in Disney stile?

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 07:13:42 pm »
ok now Im drunk and we can talk seriously:
game is good
shit is IM

have some nice moments at this game

waht in my opinion nice to fix:
 - in boat animation [now only hands working - its right if you swim in parks pound ]
 - cannon reload animation [ground cannons have it]

- may be some abilities to pump out water and repair ship?

and please please some one seen this RATS too???????????????? [im not mean rats in my cellar I mean in game rats]

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 07:31:02 pm »
and forgot : this "water in eyes" need be better

and realy love how cannon bols rolling on floor - on ship its looks much better then on ground

Offline Zodiass

• Landsman
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 06:38:21 am »
I like gunshot like you