Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Kill feed enhancement  (Read 595 times)

Offline ArsenalFC_Dave

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: ArsenalFC Dave
Kill feed enhancement
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:39:38 pm »
Apologies if this has already been addressed as i've been away for the last few months. I was playing a few rounds with friends recently and think it would be handy if you could toggle certain players on the map to stand out in the kill feed. The schadenfreude one feels when a mate or nemesis gets worked over is definitely part of the game. Would be great if a kill or death indication popped in like bold red or with a graphic etc.

Also has it been discussed being able to track a certain friendly player with an in map indicator (either in the hud or maybe an overhead arrow)? Unless you're both on proximity mics you'll lose track of your companion almost immediately from my experience. It would add to the camaraderie/role playing elements if you could consistently link up with a friend to work together. I'm thinking either a hud arrow that's a different colour than other team mates or an over player's head indicator that appears when you're within say 50 metres of said player.

Cheers

Offline Starblazer

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman
  • NWL Head Admin. Join the 63e!
    • 63e Regiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 63e_Adj_Star
Re: Kill feed enhancement
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:32:45 pm »

Also has it been discussed being able to track a certain friendly player with an in map indicator (either in the hud or maybe an overhead arrow)? Unless you're both on proximity mics you'll lose track of your companion almost immediately from my experience. It would add to the camaraderie/role playing elements if you could consistently link up with a friend to work together. I'm thinking either a hud arrow that's a different colour than other team mates or an over player's head indicator that appears when you're within say 50 metres of said player.

Cheers

If a player is on your friendslist on steam, then their player arrow appears golden as opposed to the usual green on the minimap.
Not in a regiment? Join ours today at join63e.com
Or join our Discord | https://discord.gg/sZbtEA6

We have over 7 years (Yes, 7 years of linebattles/events/tournaments/trainings on a daily basis) of experience!  We have both NA and EU communities, we play Holdfast, NW as well as various other games. We attend and host linebattles, siege events, naval events, and trainings! Enlist today!

Offline ArsenalFC_Dave

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: ArsenalFC Dave
Re: Kill feed enhancement
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:46:29 pm »
Well I suppose that goes to illustrate my lack of friends then!!  ;D