Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Game Version 0.34 - Update Released. Game Polish & Optimisations  (Read 284 times)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Austro

• Chaplain
  • #1 Melee NA
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Austro
Re: Game Version 0.34 - Update Released. Game Polish & Optimisations
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »
The shove is a neat feature, but it feels very clunky at the moment.

I think it should be treated as a stab, where you can aim it while the animation is following through. Being locked in makes it feel very clunky and not very fluid.

Some sort of a knockback could be neat as well since I'm assuming it's primary function is to be used defensively (since it cant break block)

Maybe adding some sort of a limit on how many times you can do it would be good as well (since you will land it more often if you can aim it while the animation is going)

Risk's 3v3 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
Goober's 1v1 Melee Tournament: 1st Place
#1 Melee Arena Grenadier, Officer, Light Infantry, Guard as of Sept 19th 2019

Offline Twaddle

• Standing Officer
  • Great Tree Clan Leader
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [Tree] Twaddle
Re: Game Version 0.34 - Update Released. Game Polish & Optimisations
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 05:36:15 pm »
The shove is a neat feature, but it feels very clunky at the moment.

I think it should be treated as a stab, where you can aim it while the animation is following through. Being locked in makes it feel very clunky and not very fluid.

Some sort of a knockback could be neat as well since I'm assuming it's primary function is to be used defensively (since it cant break block)

Maybe adding some sort of a limit on how many times you can do it would be good as well (since you will land it more often if you can aim it while the animation is going)

Adding a limit on how many times you could do it would not make sense; example - Say you died after using it effectively x-Times, you'd be able to use it again on your next life, unless you meant per match. Blocks shouldn't be countered. They are blocks for a reason. However I do agree with you on that they should be more fluid. How would you aim it? Wouldn't that just be another form of stabbing that deals less damage? There should always be a counter to keep the user stimulated so let's not make something unnecessary and overpowered. I'm open to my opinion being changed.