Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Community Discord!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline James Brock

• Surgeon
  • Its James Brock, you know me.
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: James | Michael
Community Discord!
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:42:06 pm »
Check out the new community Discord!

https://discord.gg/sjf9ZWX

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
Re: Community Discord!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:01:15 pm »
A good step, we should certainly be a pro Discord sort of community and embrace it.

Offline James Brock

• Surgeon
  • Its James Brock, you know me.
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:41:29 pm »
A good step, we should certainly be a pro Discord sort of community and embrace it.

Eh, I still prefer teamspeak.

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:56:10 am »

Eh, I still prefer teamspeak.
Teamspeak is good, however a Discord server could bring everyone together as a whole community. Teamspeak servers are used mostly for just one group/regiment and stay that way to 'stick'. Community wide Teamspeak servers for this community on the other hand.. don't 'stick' for as long. Anyways I have not tried Discord's voice server quality a lot but I have tried out Discord and it has constant improvements to rival the likes of Skype. I like Discord, it is a free service and from what I've seen at least, Discord servers 'stick' with users regularly using the various text channels with weekly discourse. I see nothing wrong with Discord and right now it has great potential.

Edit: I just saw your initative Discord link, good stuff.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:00:59 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Olafson

• Master's Mate
  • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 09:25:51 am »
We had a TS server that anyone could use back in the day. And it was used by the community.
But people stopped using it. It is still there though...

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 01:52:07 pm »
Only reason why i dont use discord is due to icons & channel organisation but that'll probably change soon.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 02:10:24 pm »
Everyone is more than welcome to join in on our Discord. As a matter of fact, I would encourage you to do so.

It’s a good place to build a community around and it also allows us to gather feedback on the game in a more personal manner. We will be prioritising features based on what the community wants so it would do us good to get to know you a little bit better.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 04:15:26 pm »
I honestly think it is a great idea as like stated above, the Mount & Musket community grew around a single TeamSpeak channel that was dedicated towards community events and other projects. If the games numbers do pass 100 players remember servers can be expensive unless you are part of a big clan so community run servers and a Discord channel would be a boon to much smaller clans and regiments who cannot afford to rent or share TeamSpeak channels.

Discord can be used on phones and tablets which will be very useful for keeping in touch with the people who will be running the official servers for events and just general admin duties.

Plus they can set up multiple text channels that are GIF friendly so you can all spam your dank memes or whatever you kids enjoy doing these days.